Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare Prevention Services is offering the opportunity to participate in the evidence-based “Staying Connected to your Teen” program, which is free of charge to anyone in the Roanoke Valley.
Research shows that parents of teenagers can have a strong positive influence in ensuring that their children develop into healthy adults. This workshop series gives parents the opportunity to come together as parents/guardians and enhance the skills needed to help teens successfully make the transition to adulthood.
The major topics of discussion in this workshop series are:
- Changing Family Relationships- how adolescent development impacts family dynamics
- Solving Problems as a family
- Communicating with your teen
- Raising responsible teens
- Supervising without invading
- Current teen culture- what their world is really like
We will be offering the Staying Connected to your Teen program Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. from April 9 to May 14. The program will be held at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (3517 Brandon Ave., Roanoke, VA 24018). Please contact Janis James at 540-982-1427, ext. 2139, or email@example.com to register to participate or for more information.
– Submitted by Janis James