In honor of Alpha Delta Kappa Month, Lambda Chapter held a special meeting on Oct. 3 at Calvary Baptist Church in Roanoke. Recipients of Teacher of the Year and Golden Apple Awards along with other outstanding women educators were honored at the meeting.
The following guests were recognized with special appreciation certificates by Excellence in Education Chairman Susan Taylor.
- Melissa Carr—Golden Apple Award, William Byrd High School
- Haley Deeds—Red Apple Award, Fort Lewis & Oak Grove Elementary Schools
- Katie Deal—Red Apple Award, Glenvar Middle School
- Susan Sine—Red Apple Award, Cave Spring High School
- Kendra Bush—Green Apple Award, Glenvar Elementary School
- Deborah Turner—Andrew Lewis Middle School Teacher of the Year
- Robin Bowen—East Salem Elementary School Teacher of the Year
- Betsy Hall—G. W. Carver Elementary School Teacher of the Year
- Paola Brinkley—Salem High School Teacher of the Year
- Darlene Marshall—South Salem Elementary School Teacher of the Year
- Ann Franco—Roanoke County Teacher of the Year from Glenvar High School
- Tarri Gauck—Salem City Teacher of the Year from West Salem Elementary School
The guest speaker was Dr. Alan Seibert, superintendent of Salem City schools. Dr. Seibert’s topic was “Current Challenges and Future Opportunities in K-12 Education.” Read more »