More toys, free layaway and an exclusive “hot toy reservation” service are all part of a super toy store’s holiday season plan.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. revealed its plans for the 2012 Christmas season at a special preview event in New York City earlier this week.
Here is a breakdown of the customer advantages this fall:
The Hot Toy Reservation program, is a first-ever complimentary service that will enable customers to reserve the hottest toys of the holiday season.
- The service will be available for the 50 items on the company’s annual Holiday Hot Toy List .
- Hot Toy Reservation will begin when the list is revealed and will continue through Halloween in all Toys“R”Us stores nationwide.
- The free service will be available in Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and all 50 hot toys – whether the items are in-stock at a local store or not – will be eligible for reservation.
- Customers can visit the Customer Service desk in all Toys“R”Us stores nationwide to place their orders with a 20 percent down payment, and shoppers can reserve items through October 31. Customers will receive an e-mail notification when their orders are available and have until December 16 to pick up their orders. More information about Hot Toy Reservation will be available soon in-store and online at Toysrus.com/Toyreservation.
- The company is waiving the upfront service fee for all layaway orders created in its stores through October 31. Offering a free, no minimum purchase layaway program early in the season allows customers to take full advantage of the flexible payment terms provided by layaway and give themselves until December 16 to pick up their orders.
- The company highlighted the recently introduced kid-friendly tabeo™, its first-ever wif-fi tablet loaded with the content kids want, as well as safety features desired by parents. tabeo is currently available for pre-sale at Toysrus.com and will be in stores nationwide on October 21.
- The Technic line from LEGO® Systems, Inc., which includes 20 vehicles – will be only available at Toys“R”Us stores and online at Toysrus.com. Among others, it will be the exclusive home of Gelarti™ from Moose Toys, a new line of gel stickers with a twist, and Peppa Pig™ from Fisher-Price®, a collection of toys based on the popular TV series.
2013 Toys Available for Holiday 2012
- Toys“R”Us will offer new toys for 2013 during the 2012 holiday season.
- The Big Brand Sale catalog which features 47 dedicated pages showcasing the company’s exclusive brands and products. In addition, consumers will find significant savings throughout the catalog, as well as 46 coupons providing even more value offerings. This is the beginning of an aggressive marketing cadence that will continue throughout the holiday season.
- The company will roll out “Ship to Store,” which will allow customers to ship select online purchases to their local Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us store free of charge.
- Enhancements to existing programs, such as “Buy Online, Pick Up In Store,” will be available, including merchandise pick up kiosks and teams to streamline the in-store pick-up process.