Happy August. Wow, where did the summer go? Here at SWoCo, we’re already hard at work on our upcoming back-to-school issues (August 8 and 15) and our football issues (August 22 and 29). And that brings us to a programming note: If you’re an advertiser and wanted to be included — especially in our football issues — well, our advertising folks at email@example.com will be happy to talk with you. Or, if you’d like to place a classified ad, you can click firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County. (How do we do that? See below!)
And now back to news, and we have lots of it this week. This may be the first weekend of August, but it’s the final weekend for “Guys and Dolls” at Showtimers. We have a photo gallery from the show.
Also, in your Friday issue, you’ll see lots of places where we say “see The Notebook” for more. Well, here’s where to find that “more”:
* Photos from the Roanoke Valley Republican picnic
* Lacy’s Taekwondo America students have won a lot of medals at a competition in North Carolina
* Roanoke County’s emergency communications center wins reacreditation
* Missionaries from Africa to speak at Oak Grove Church of the Brethren August 1 (that’s, um, Friday)
* Southwest Roanoke County students have artwork displayed at P. Buckley Moss museum
* Schedule for the Knights in Training program for freshmen at Cave Spring High School
* Photos of Southwest Roanoke County swimmers at the RVAA championships
* Photos of Cave Spring Little Leaguers in tournament action (That’s one of them on this post.)
* More photos of the Divine Dance Center dancers
* Photos of Southwest Roanoke County fans at FloydFest
* Bear sightings in Southwest Roanoke County
So how can you get your news and photos in SWoCo if you haven’t been on vacation? Keep reading below!