Moriah Moore from Cave Spring High School sends us this update on the junior varsity volleyball team:
“Cave Spring’s JV volleyball team had a busy and successful week last week. On Tuesday, they defeated Pulaski County in two games (25-9, 25-18) and on Thursday they defeated Salem, also in two games (25-11, 25-21). The team traveled to William Byrd on Saturday for a round robin tournament, playing three games against each team. The Knights first beat William Byrd in three straight (25-12, 25-12, 15-11) and then also beat Jefferson Forest in three straight games (25-16, 25-20 and 15-7). In their final three games, Cave Spring took on Rustburg, who they had defeated earlier in the season 2 games to 1. Cave Spring won the first game 25-19 but then fell in the last two, 24-26 and 6-15. The Knights finished the day winning 7 out of 9 games, edging out Rustburg by one game to win the tournament.
Cave Spring’s record is now 10 and 2. This coming week the Knights travel to Blacksburg on Tuesday (6:00pm), Hidden Valley on Thursday (6:00pm) and then to Patrick Henry on Saturday for their final tournament of the season (11:15am and 1:00pm). Still plenty of season left, though. The Knights will have four more matches after Saturday’s tournament.”
Do you have news or photos to share involving teams or players from Southwest Roanoke County? If so, you can share at email@example.com
OTHER RECENT CAVE SPRING COVERAGE
* Oct. 4: Cave Spring falls to William Byrd in football
* Oct. 3: Cave Spring boys basketball team holds golf tournament as fund-raiser
* Sept. 30: Funny photos of hijinks involving Cave Spring golfers
* Sept. 24: Photos from the Cave Spring – Hidden Valley volleyball game
* Sept. 23: Photos from Cave Spring Back to School night
* Sept. 22: Photos from Cave Spring freshman and sophomore team
* Sept. 19: Photos from Cave Spring – Patrick Henry football game
* Photos of Cave Spring fall sports teams.