Roanoke County police say there was an armed robbery Friday afternoon in the apartment complex at 4300 Garst Mill Road.
Here’s the full statement from Roanoke County police:
• Incident: Armed Robbery
• Date of Incident: 11/21/08 Time of Incident: 2:04pm
• Location of Incident: 4300 block Garst Mill Road
• Investigating Officer: Detective Neil Gardner
• Victim Name(s):
• Suspect Name(s):
• Charges if Applicable:
• Arrests Information: There have been no arrests made at this time.
• Anyone with information is asked to call (540)777-8623
• Additional Remarks: At approximately 2:04pm today a male subject was robbed at gun point in the laundry room of his building. An undisclosed amount of money was given to the suspect when the gun was displayed.
The suspect is described as a light skin black male, 5′ 6″ tall about 20-30 years old with tattoos on his left forearm, close cropped hair, a short mustache and a short goatee. He was last seen wearing a red hooded sweat shirt and baggy blue jeans. There were no injuries reported.
This case is still under investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Roanoke County Police Department at (540)562-3265 or Detective Neil Gardner at (540)777-8623.