Roanoke County police report that a man tried to rob a woman Monday night on Cordell Drive — just off 419 (Electric Road).
Here’s the full police statement:
• Incident: Attempted Robbery
• Date of Incident: 11/24/2008 Time of Incident: 8:26 pm
• Location of Incident: 4300 block Cordell Dr
• Investigating Officer: Detective Neil Gardner
• Victim Name(s):
• Suspect Name(s):
• Charges if Applicable:
• Arrests Information: There have been no arrests made at this time.
• Anyone with information is asked to call 540-777-8623
• Additional Remarks: At approx 8:26 pm today a male suspect attempted to rob a female in the 4300 block of Cordell Drive. The male suspect displayed a weapon. No items were taken by the suspect. There were no injuries reported.
The suspect is described as a tall, slender white male about 25 to 30 years old, with no facial hair. The suspect left the area in a vehicle.
This case is still under investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Roanoke County Police Department at (540)562-3265 or Detective Neil Gardner at (540)777-8623.
You may recall there was another incident — an actual robbery — last week in the same general neighborhood. However, if you’re curious, the description of the suspect in that incident does not match the description here. We reported the police statement on that robbery on Nov. 21.