So let’s dive in.
OK, enough with the puns. But it’s true — each day we update this site upwards of a dozen times with news and photos from Southwest Roanoke County.
Take, for instance, the recent swimming meet between Cave Spring and Hidden Valley. You’ll find a photo on the cover of this week’s print edition, and two pages of photos inside — but even more here online, such as this one of Pinmuk Supachaiyakit of Cave Spring High School. You’ll find it and others in this online photo gallery.
So what other online extras do we have this week? Well, here goes, but first . . .
SPECIAL ADVERTISING NOTICE . . .
In this week’s edition of SWoCo, you’ll see a special promotion in the classifieds on page 21: Share a special message with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day by placing a Love Line in our Feb. 13 print edition of SWoCo. Only 99 cents a line! For details, well, see the ad or call 981-3311 by noon on Tuesday, Feb. 10. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled news briefing . . .
And now, back to the online extras:
* More photos from the Academic Challenge, involving Cave Spring and Hidden Valley
* More photos of the Giant Map of Asia at Oak Grove, Green Valley and Bent Mountain elemenataries.
* More photos of Bent Mountain Elementary School students learning about Ancient Rome
* Vote here to help a Cave Spring grad win a free wedding
* More on the Black & White ball, which is this weekend
* Restaurant delivery service, Dine on Time, adds new locations in and around Southwest Roanoke County
* Cub Scout Webelos Den Pack 236 plant willows
* Cave Spring United Methodist Church makes mission trip to New Orleans
So how can you get your news and photos in SWoCo? Easy! Just share at firstname.lastname@example.org (And a special request this week: Send us your holiday photos!)
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County — see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Southwest Roanoke County — Emily Flora. She keeps regular office hours at our “bureau” — the Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea on Starkey Road. Here’s her schedule.
* So how do we reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion and Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in case we miss you somehow.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? You can find out more at email@example.com. Want to place a classified ad to reach your neighbors in Swoco? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, a special treat: SWoco, the video. A trilogy, actually.
Plus, an invitation: Write a song or a poem about SWoCo! Send it to us at email@example.com and, well, we’ll figure out something.