It’s almost here!
The arrival of this week’s print edition of SWoCo, that is. Oh yes, and the start of school.
In this week’s edition, we’re jumping full bore into full sports, with photos of the fall sports teams at Cave Spring. Next week: Hidden Valley gets its turn.
Either way, we have lots of online extras for you. Here’s how to find the ones we have this week:
* Paparazzi photos of Southwest Roanoke County people at Festival of India
* Doreen’s Gourmet closes
* More photos from Miss Mona’s Drama Camp at Showtimers
* Search our database for AYP results school-by-school
* More photos from business day at Cave Spring (such as the one above) and Hidden Valley
* More on Bill Kenney
* More photos of Southwest Roanoke County people at Steppin’ Out
* More photos from Art Explosion
* More photos from the Runway to Recovery fashion show
* More on Divine Dance Center
* More on the Luqiu family’s vacation to China
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Cave Spring’s Matt Harman wins Andrew Haley Memorial Golf Tournament
* Cave Spring grad plays on winning baseball team in Cape Cod league
* Photos from Hidden Valley football
* JV football schedules listed
* More on Drew Lagan in state golf tournament
* More photos of Southwest Roanoke County runners in the Salem Distance Run
* More photos of Cave Spring vs. Virginia Attack
* More on the Marlins swim team
So how can you get your news and photos in SWoCo? Easy! Just share at email@example.com
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County — see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Southwest Roanoke County — Emily Flora. She keeps regular office hours at our “bureau” — the Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea on Starkey Road. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? You can join our “fan group” on Facebook or become one of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “swoco” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion and Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in case we miss you somehow.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? You can find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to place a classified ad to reach your neighbors in Swoco? Let us know at email@example.com.
Finally, a special treat: SWoco, the video. A trilogy, actually.
Plus, an invitation: Write a song or a poem about SWoCo! Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, well, we’ll figure out something.