Two people have been charged with robbery after police say they snatched a woman’s purse on Brambleton Avenue. Witnesses chased down the one suspect; police found the other one later.
Here’s the full release from the Roanoke County Police Department:
Strong Armed Robbery
• Incident: Strong Armed Robbery
• Date of Incident: 09/28/09 Time of Incident: 3:15pm approximately
• Location of Incident: 4000 Block of Brambleton Avenue
• Investigating Officer: M.A. Hicks
• Victim Name(s):
• Suspect Name(s): Suspect # 1 King, Jerimiah, age 22, Roanoke County Resident
Suspect #2 16 year old Juvenile Male, Roanoke City Resident
• Charges if Applicable: Robbery
• Arrests Information: The suspect is being held in jail pending bond.
• Anyone with information is asked to call 540-777-8652
• Additional Remarks: On 9/28/09 at approximately 3:15 P.M. Roanoke County Police responded to the area of 4000 Brambleton Ave in reference to a Strong Arm Robbery. Police met with the victim and witness. The victim relayed her purse was taken as she entered a business. The suspect forcibly took the victim’s purse and fled the scene. The victim was not injured. Citizens who observed the crime also witnessed a total of two suspects leaving the scene. The citizens gave chase and caught the 16 year old male, holding him until police arrived. County Police began a search of the area and located King hiding in a wooded area near Postal Drive. Both males were taken into custody and charged with Robbery.