Odds are, Waldo was somewhere in the crowd at the opening day of Valley AFC action. After all, some 700 kids were — and they all lined up on the field for a mass picture taking.
We’ve got four pages worth of photos in this week’s print edition of SWoCo — five if you count the cover — and surely you won’t be surprised to learn that we have even more photos right here online.
Because, well, that’s what we do. Those aren’t the only online extras we have this week, either. Here are the rest:
* Photos from Hidden Valley freshman tailgate dinner
* Police report two burglaries
* Two Hidden Valley middle schoolers break record at Space Camp
* More swing dance photos
* More photos from back to school night at Bent Mountain Elementary
* More photos from the Faith Christian School ice cream social
* More photos from the Local Colors fashion show
AND IN SPORTS . . .
* Cave Spring boys basketball holds golf tournament
* More photos of Hidden Valley football
* More photos of Cave Spring football
* More photos of the Marvels vs. Rockets
* More photos from Clash with the Titans cross-country meet
So how can you get your news and photos in SWoCo? Easy! Just share at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on us — and how to advertise and reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County — see below:
* You can meet our community journalist for Southwest Roanoke County — Emily Flora. She keeps regular office hours at our “bureau” — the Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea on Starkey Road. Here’s her schedule.
* Want to keep up with us in other ways? You can join our “fan group” on Facebook or become one of our “followers” on Twitter. Just search for “swoco” and you’ll find us.
* So how do we reach more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? Here’s how: Subscribers to The Roanoke Times get it included in their Friday paper; non-subscribers have it mailed to them as part of the weekly Simply Savings advertising flier. Those two add up to more than 90 percent. Plus, we have some free copies available at Kroger, Food Lion and Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea in case we miss you somehow.
* Are you an advertiser who wants to get your message to more than 90 percent of the households in Southwest Roanoke County? You can find out more at email@example.com. Want to place a classified ad to reach your neighbors in Swoco? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, a special treat: SWoco, the video. A trilogy, actually.
Plus, an invitation: Write a song or a poem about SWoCo! Send it to us at email@example.com and, well, we’ll figure out something.