The Western Virginia Workforce Development Board is seeking nominations to recognize individuals, professionals and businesses who have made outstanding contributions to the local workforce system in meeting the needs of local employers and individuals. Winners will be announced at the Board’s annual recognition event Wednesday, September 28, 2011. This year’s theme will be Career Pathways. Dr. Glenn DuBois, Chancellor of the Virginia Community College System, will present the keynote address.
- Program Participant – Individual (Adult or Youth) who has made successful use of the local system
- Professional of the Year – Individual working within the Workforce system who has made significant contributions through professional activities
- Community Advocate – Individual (Adult or Youth) or volunteer who supports career exploration, planning and success (not employed by a program or training provider)
- Business of the Year – Organization who supports professional development within its own workforce and supports workforce development issues and strategies
- Training Provider of the Year – Organization demonstrating an innovative approach to career development and meeting the needs of employers for workers.
The nomination form and full award description are attached. You can also access these forms on our website at http://www.westernvaworkforce.com/awards2011.cfm. Please mail, email or fax your nominations to the address on the form by Friday, August 12.
For more information contact the workforce board office at 540-767-6149 or email@example.com.
Submitted by the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce.