Cody Bushman, a senior at Cave Spring High School, was named the 2012 Don Holliday Memorial Scholarship Winner. Bushman will attend Virginia Tech in the fall.
The following is from a news release about the Don Holliday Memorial Foundation, submitted by Justin Ditmore.
Cody is the 26th high school student from Southwest Virginia to receive the Don Holliday Memorial Scholarship. Since 1987 we have handed out almost [$300,000] in scholarship money to deserving local high school students.
The Holliday tournament is the largest golf-related scholarship in SW Virginia and is the most popular fundraising event in Roanoke.
The Don Holliday Memorial Foundation was formed in 1986 to honor the memory of Don Holliday, district sales manager of Piedmont Airlines. The Don Holliday Memorial Tournament is a one-day event held at Roanoke County Club. This year is our 26th anniversary and the tournament will be held on June 23.
Read on for more information about Cody Bushman’s career at Cave Spring High School.
- Ranked 39th of 220
- GPA: 3.86
- Member of the Beta Club, Drama Club, Math Club and Spanish Honor Society
- JV football captain for 2 years
- Played varsity football for 3 years
- Member of varsity golf team
- Umpire for Cave Spring National Little League
- Umpire for Nations Baseball
- Volunteers time at Cave Spring Wrestling tournaments
- Part of crew that installed air conditioning unit in Cave Spring football locker room
- Works at grandparents’ business, Dalton HVAC