All the football-playing Southwest Roanoke County high schools are in action tonight.
Cave Spring is home against Salem; Hidden Valley is on the road at Blacksburg, and North Cross is on the road to St. Anne’s-Belfield.
Fortunately, they’ll all have good weather, according to weather journalist Kevin Myatt:
“This will be another standard issue Friday night for the 2012 high school football season. The afternoon will be warmer than normal with highs in the mid 70s to near 80, but temperatures during the game will be falling through the 70s into the 60s. No rain is expected anywhere in Southwest Virginia.”
We’re expecting photos from both the Cave Spring and Hidden Valley games, so check back this weekend for those. This past week, the Knights were off, but we had lots of photos of the Titans and Raiders, as both schools celebrated homecoming.
FROM HIDDEN VALLEY:
* Paparazzi at the Hidden Valley homecoming dance
* Savannah Kramer’s car gets decorated for homecoming (from Allison O’Brien)
* Photos from the Hidden Valley band at homecoming(from David Atkins)
* Photos from the halftime ceremony (from Maddie McRoy and Emerald Pullon)
* Photos from the homecoming game vs. Bassett (from Nakia Wimberly Photography)
* Photos from the homecoming parade (from Loren Wright)
* Photos from the JV game (from Nakia Wimberly Photography)
Do you have photos from homecoming? You can share at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the “share” tool to upload 10 at a time.
For more weather news, see Kevin’s Weather Journal.