The Miss Roanoke Valley Scholarship Program was held this past weekend at Cave Spring Middle School. Over $8,800 in scholarships money was awarded to the winners in the Miss, Teen and Preteen programs.
* Miss Roanoke Valley: Ashna Sharan of Chantilly, a 2012 graduate of Washington & Lee. Talent: Bollywood dance
* First runner-up: Elizabeth Martin of McGaheysville, a junior at James Madison University. Talent: Musical theatre.
* Second runner-up: Christine Wadstrom of Goodview, a freshman at Longwood University. Talent: baton twirling
* Third runner-up and Miss Congeniality: Laura Lee Meighen of Moneta, a practical nursing student at Virginia Western. Talent: Comedic monologue.
* Fourth runner-up: Kyleen Suzanne Overstreet of Salem, a freshman at Virginia Western. Talent: pop vocal.
* Miss 2013 Miss Roanoke Outstanding TEEN and People’s Choice Award: Danielle Paige Foutz of Boones Mill, a freshman at Franklin County High School. Talent: Clogging to “Bad” by Michael Jackson.
* First runner-up: Mariah Casteal Orr of Salem, an 8th grader at Andrew Lewis Middle School. Talent: Country vocal.
* 2013 Miss Roanoke Outstanding PRETEEN: Victoria Evonna-Blair “Blair” Oakley of Martinsville, a 5th-grader at John Redd Smith Elementary School. Talent: Tap dance to “9 to 5″ by Dolly Parton.
* First runner-up: EmmaGrace Stokes of Free Union, a 6th grader at J.T. Henley Middle School.
* Princess: Kaile Anne Judge
You can see photos of all the winners here.
Submitted by Cece Currie.