There was a fire over the weekend on Midway Drive in Southwest Roanoke County.
Today, fire official released the cause:
Roanoke County Fire Officials have determined that combustible items too close to a wood stove’s metal flue pipe is the cause of a house fire in Roanoke County over the weekend that caused $145,000 in estimate damages.
The fire was in the 5600 block of Midway Drive and was reported about 7 on Saturday night. As soon as the call was dispatched, the volunteer assistant chief of the Cave Spring Volunteer Fire Company radioed to the dispatch center that he could see flames from his nearby home.
A family of five, including three children under the ages of 7, escaped with their dog without injury.