James Madison University’s nationally recognized marching band, the Marching Royal Dukes, begin their season with 485 members, the largest in their history. On tap for this season are performances at Montpelier, the estate of James Madison and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
The following students are members of the 2013 Marching Royal Dukes:
- Gregory Conway of Roanoke is a junior, majoring in music education and plays in the trombone section.
- Deanna Ferrone of Roanoke is a sophomore, majoring in kinesiology and plays in the sax – alto section.
- Brandon Liu of Roanoke is a sophomore, majoring in psychology and plays in the sax – alto section.
- Allison Reese of Roanoke is a freshman, majoring in chemistry and plays in the guard section.
- John Vitello of Roanoke is a freshman, majoring in accounting and plays in the trumpet section.
- Alexander Zuber of Roanoke is a graduate student, majoring in health sciences and plays in the drum major section.
James Madison University, located in Harrisonburg, is a comprehensive university that is part of the statewide system of public higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is the only university in America named for James Madison.
Submitted by James Madison University