Radford sorority’s Ultra Violet Days to benefit Alzheimer’s research Sept. 30-Oct. 5
Sigma Kappa, Delta Psi Chapter, of Radford University invites family, friends, faculty and the community to participate in this year’s Ultra Violet Days events throughout the week of Sept. 30-Oct. 5 to help us support funding a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. All proceeds will go to the Sigma Kappa Foundation, and the week culminates with the Ultra-Violet Days GALA banquet.
The red-carpet GALA banquet, themed “Lights Camera Sigma Kappa Takes Action,” will be held Friday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 10 p.m. in the Norwood Room about five minutes from campus in downtown Radford. The event is open to the public, and tickets are $25 per person. A full-course meal will be catered by Bull and Bones Brewhaus and Grill with a cash bar. The evening’s festivities include a silent auction, Hollywood-themed decor, photo opportunity, candy buffet, as well as a DJ to dance the night away.
Other events throughout the week include the following:
- Sunday, Sept. 30: “Wash Away Alzheimer’s With Sigma Kappa” carwash will be held at the Fairlawn AutoZone from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cash donations accepted.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: Oct. 1-3: “Pie a SigKap” fundraiser will be held outside the Bonnie Hurlburt Student Center on the Radford University campus from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring cash to pie a SigKap!
- Tuesday, Oct. 2: From 5 to 8 p.m., join Sigma Kappas at BT’s Restaurant for dinner. BT’s will donate $1 profit of every item purchased on the menu above $5.99 (not including alcohol).
- Wednesday, Oct. 3: Sigma Kappa will be hosting their version of the TV show, “Don’t Forget the Lyrics.” Radford University sororities and fraternities, as well as other clubs, will participate in this must-see competition. Come to the Bonnie Hurlburt Student Center food court stage from 6 to 8 p.m. The entrance fee is $60 per organization.
- Thursday: Oct. 4: Sisters will be selling late-night purple pancakes at the corner of 1st and Clement streets across from Brewin’ Around Coffee Shop from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Sigma Kappa Sorority has become one of the nation’s leading contributors to Alzheimer’s disease prevention, research and treatment efforts. In 1954, Sigma Kappa became the first sorority to recognize the need for continued comprehensive work on the study of aging and the needs of the elderly population.
Sigma Kappa added an emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease to its gerontology program in 1984. Alzheimer’s disease is a growing epidemic that affects 1 in 3 people in the communities where you work and live, and is now the nation’s sixth‐leading cause of death. The Delta Psi Chapter of Sigma Kappa at Radford University supports Sigma Kappa’s national philanthropic efforts and is dedicated to increased fundraising for a much needed cure. Please join us in supporting the Sigma Kappa Foundation to “Make Alzheimer’s a Distant Memory.” You can make a difference by helping the Radford University chapter support the Sigma Kappa Foundation, a leading contributor to the Alzheimer’s Association.
For more information or to purchase a GALA ticket, contact Maria Davenport, vice president of philanthropic services at (757) 472-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations can be made payable to Delta Psi Chapter of Sigma Kappa Sorority and mailed to: P.O. Box 6991, Radford, VA 24142 or online by visiting https://www.sigmakappafoundation.org/ruskultraviolet/.
– Submitted by Lauren Upton, Radford University, Sigma Kappa Public Relations Chairwoman
No Comments »
No comments yet.