NRV residents win grand prize in TriAdventure active-living challenge
TriAdventure Multisport Coaching & Fitness would like to announce and congratulate the winners of TriAdventure’s 2012 525,600 Minutes Challenge.
Winners of the yearlong challenge included: Connie Kniseley of Roanoke, Jennifer Beeson, Kim Homer, Paul Villar, Keith Davis and Brandon Hill of Blacksburg and David Kramer and Stacey Ballowe of Christiansburg. These eight individuals will split the grand prize of $2,000.
The 2012 525,600 Minute Challenge was an area-wide active-living campaign, challenging individuals to choose a fitness goal (or multiple fitness goals) and bring them to life for 525,600 minutes, or a whole year.
Participants picked from several challenges, and received coaching and encouragement from TriAdventure members and coaches.
Challenges for 2012 included:
- Run from Blacksburg to New York City = 520 miles
- Swim the English Channel (at the Straits of Dover = 21 miles) at least once per month
- Pack your lunch at least 15 times a month, with healthy food
- Average 10,000 steps a day every day
- Ride across the United States. Or at least the equivalent of the ACA’s Southern Tier Ride = 3,059 miles
- Do an Ironman a month for 12 months = Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles per month
- Hike the length of the Appalachian Trail = 2,178 miles
- Mountain bike the Continental Divide Trail = 3,100 miles
TriAdventure’s 2013 525,600 Minutes Challenge began Jan. 1. Interested participants can still join the challenge by going to www.triadventure.com and following the link to the 525,600 Minutes Challenge.
– Submitted by Anne Jones
No Comments »
No comments yet.