Voting now open for the 8th annual Best of the New River Valley reader poll
And they’re off!
Voting is now open for the eighth-annual Best of the New River Valley readers’ poll.
You can find the ballot here — or in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
This year we’ve added 12 new categories — two more than the last time we updated you.
The new categories are:
* best salads
* best sushi
* best consignment shop
* best pawn shop, best employer
* best retirement home
* best middle school event (previously combined with elementary)
* best student-run school club or organization
* best community service project by a civic group or other non-profit
* best summer camp for kids in the New River Valley
* most fun thing that’s happened in the New River Valley
* best “hidden jewel” in the New River Valley that more people should know about.
Those join more than 50 other categories, which include all the usual favorites — from best teacher and best rec league coach to best new thing in the New River Valley in the past year.
The voting ends at midnight on Sunday, March 10, and we’ll publish the results May 12.
In the past four years, voting in the “best of”has quintupled, so the competition has become five times as fierce. (Yes, you’re reading that right: We got five times as many votes last year as in 2009!)
With that in mind, we have something else new this year: We have a way for businesses who want to launch their own “vote for us” campaign to download free materials. Just go to www.roanoke.com/bestof for those.
You can find the 2012 winners here.
No Comments »
No comments yet.