Montgomery County Courthouses highlighted in new exhibit
The Montgomery Museum and Lewis Miller Regional Art Center kicked off its new history exhibit, “A Public Place: The History of the Montgomery County Courthouse,” July 12.
Included in the exhibit are items such as a desk and chair from the Clerk’s office in the 1836 courthouse, numerous historical photographs of early courthouses, books and personal effects from judges, attorneys and clerks. Also on display are a chair from the 1909 courthouse and the works of the tower clock from the 1909 courthouse.
The event is sponsored by the Montgomery-Radford Bar Association and will be in place until April.
– Submitted by Sue Farrar
– Photos by Travis Williams | The Burgs
No Comments »
No comments yet.