Blacksburg Brew Do Beer Dinner to feature hard-to-find styles Oct. 5
The Blacksburg Partnership and The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center announce the second-annual Blacksburg Brew Do Beer Dinner to be held Friday, Oct. 5 in Preston’s Restaurant.
John Boyer, an esteemed Virginia Tech professor, beer and wine connoisseur, and famed “Plaid Avenger,” will host the interactive event and lead guests on a journey for their taste buds. Preston’s chef Jason Smith will explain how all of the elements of the food and beer marry to create these delightful pairings. All of the breweries featured at the beer dinner will be in attendance at Blacksburg Brew Do the following day, but this dinner will feature unique and hard-to-find beers and styles that will not be available to sample at the festival. Attend the dinner to find out which ones they are!
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with The Inn once more to offer another exciting dinner the evening before our festival,” said Blacksburg Partnership President Diane Akers. “By featuring multiple breweries and unique styles expertly paired by John Boyer and Chef Jason Smith, two of Blacksburg’s finest in their fields, guests will truly be treated to a one-of-a-kind experience.”
The menu for the evening includes:
- Cider | Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe, Granny Smith Apple with Cheddar
- Lager | Spiced Lump Crab Cake with Mixed Greens and Fresh Herbs, Light Citrus Vinaigrette
- India Pale Ale | Deviled Eggs, Pickle Relish with Cornichon, Green Olive and Pimento with Paprika
- Amber | Grilled Game Sausage with Oktoberfest Braised Sauerkraut and Spicy Brown Mustard Rye Crostini
- Porter | Sliced Porter Marinated Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Butternut Squash Hash and Caramelized Shallots
- Stout & Fruit | Artisan Cheese and House Made Truffles
Tickets are $49 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Space is limited. Call Preston’s Restaurant at 231-0120 for reservations or purchase tickets online at www.blacksburgbrewdo.com/food/beerdinner/.
– Submitted by Diane Akers
No Comments »
No comments yet.