By Alex Moore, Lord Botetourt High School
YouTube is filled with some of the most outrageous videos, ranging from trending dares to recaps of the best moments in TV history.
Broadcasting oneself can be an exceptional way to get information out in the world, or send out shared opinions.
There are many songs and “How To” videos. Some of the oddest videos of animation or catchy originals can become the most popular.
But, there are constant changes in YouTube’s most viewed videos.
The question is, what’s happening now? Everyone wants to know. For those who are consistently trying to find new and up to date videos.
Here they are:
- The top music tracks are from artists like Taylor Swift, David Guetta, One Direction, Guns N’ Roses, Justin Beiber and more top hits.
- In Sports, the focus is placed on the Harlem Shake, a meme that has gone viral. In the video, during the first 15-seconds of the song, a person dances without anyone seemingly noticing. In the next 15-seconds, after the bass drops, the crowd joins in and compulsively dances until the clip is over.
- In gaming, the most popular videos are from games such as Minecraft, Legend of Leagues, Aliens, Call of Duty, NBA2k13, Starcraft, Deadspace and Runscape.
- TV shows have YouTube channels as well. “The Walking Dead”, a well-liked and known drama is extremely popular on YouTube. “Downton Abbey,” a British television series set in 1912, and “Once Upon A Time,” another drama putting a strange and unexpected twists on fairy tales also are trending.
- There is a Spotlight section focusing on certain topics or videos. There are Oscar Previews and tributes to Michael Jordon’s 50th birthday. The chain reaction-like trend of Acts of Kindness is now going internet sensational as well. Not only are people demonstrating compassion in the world, but they are recording themselves doing it.