Damage restoration company, Paul Davis Restoration of Roanoke and Lynchburg supports local American Red Cross chapters with donations. Paul Davis donates personal hygiene items, clothes, time and funds to aid in the disaster relief efforts made by the Red Cross.
Here is the press release from Paul Davis.
Roanoke VA – March was proclaimed as Red Cross Month by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1943. The Red Cross provides 24-hour support and responds to nearly 70,000 disasters a year providing shelter, food, emotional support and other necessities to those in need around the world. The Red Cross also collects and distributes approximately 40 percent of the U.S. blood supply and trains more than seven million people in first aid, water safety and other life-saving skills.
Paul Davis Restoration of Roanoke and Lynchburg, a leading provider of fire, water and mold damage restoration services for residential and commercial properties proudly supports American Red Cross Month in March.
Paul Davis provides local Red Cross chapters with “comfort kits”, personal hygiene items, and clothing, plus volunteer time and funding along with professional expertise and emergency preparedness planning before, during and after catastrophes.
Paul Davis’ work is to help customers restore their lives when disasters affect homes and businesses. In support of this year’s Red Cross Month, Paul Davis encourages everyone to be prepared for emergencies and offers the following tips for an Emergency Ready Kit:
• First aid kit — sterile gloves; adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; iodine/alcohol pads; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications, and prescribed medical supplies
• Water – One gallon per person per day for at least three days
• Food – Three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Clothing – A change of clothing and sleeping bag for each person
• Duct tape, heavy weight garbage bags, plastic sheeting, filter masks
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, flash light, extra batteries
• Cell Phone and charger
• Waterproof, portable containers for documents
About Paul Davis:
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc., a subsidiary of FirstService Corporation (NASDAQ: FSRV; TSX: FSV), is a national franchisor and leading provider of restoration services for residential and commercial properties since 1966. Paul Davis Restoration also provides complete remodeling services and has franchise locations throughout North America with owners and technicians who are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Visit the local office website at www.pauldavisroanokeandlynchburgva.com.