Virginia Western Community College recently received multiple awards at the 2013 Virginia Community College Association annual convention.
Below is the press release from Virginia Western Community College.
Roanoke, Va.—Virginia Western Community College today announced it received awards in multiple categories at the 2013 Virginia Community College Association (VCCA) Excellence in Communications Competition. The award ceremony was held at the annual VCCA convention in Virginia Beach.
This year’s VCCA Excellence in Communications competition was comprised of 14 categories, with the top three entries in each category receiving honors. Virginia Western received the following awards:
• First, second AND third place the Outdoor Transit/Billboard category (produced by Access Advertising & Public Relations);
• First AND third place in the Poster category;
• First place the Television Advertising (produced by Access Advertising & Public Relations); Catalog and New Media /Social Media categories;
• Second place in the Magazine Advertising, Special Event and Publication External/Internal categories;
• Second AND third place in the Total Advertising/PR Campaign categories; and
• Third place in the Newspaper Advertising, Brochure and Annual Report categories.
“We are honored to be recognized again by the VCCA for our work over the past year. We’re pleased to be in good company with all of Virginia’s community colleges who are recognized by the VCCA in this competition,” said Josh Meyer, Virginia Western’s Coordinator of Marketing and Strategic Communications. “It is a pleasure to have such a talented and creative team of individuals who worked on all of these efforts, including but not limited to, Joe Collins, Tara Nepper, Ruth Cassell and our Media Geeks team.”
The VCCA is an organization of like-minded individuals who believe in the value of higher education and the value that an educated populace brings to the colleges, communities, and to the state as a whole.
The VCCA is the only organization within the Virginia Community College System that is open to anyone who shares in the commitment to the community colleges, be they administrators, faculty, adjunct faculty, classified staff, part-time employees, students, or just friends of Virginia’s community colleges. For more information, visit, www.vccaedu.org.
For more information on Virginia Western, visit www.virginiawestern.edu.