Look for the yellow “Feedback” tab on the right side of the screen.
Your feedback has been a vital part of the development of the new roanoke.com. Your comments on the RefreshRT blog helped shape a lot of the decisions we made for the new design. And to continue the conversation, we have a new feedback tool that we hope you will use to tell us what you think about the new site, notify us when things aren’t working, etc.
With this tool, you can easily see posts from other users. If they propose an idea that you like, the tool lets you give it a thumbs up (or down). You also can see the status of issues we’re working on.
Here are some basic instructions, which are also found within the feedback tool’s support community.
1) Click on the yellow “Feedback” tab on the right side of the beta site’s screen. A window with a white box, titled “Submit your feedback to us,” will pop up.
2) In this box, type in your idea, question, bug or praise and then click “Next.” (An auto-fill function may bring up similar questions — just keep typing if yours isn’t the same.)
3) Click the “Post in” drop-down to indicate whether your post is a question, idea, praise or bug.
4) Your post will be monitored and answered, if needed, by a member of our feedback team.
5) To exit the window, click on the X at the top right-hand corner.
We encourage you to look at the other topics and vote for posts that you’d also like to see addressed or agree/disagree with. Simply hover over the topic and move your cursor over the “Show votes” number. Click on the up or down arrows to vote for or against a topic.
A few final points:
- The beta site is under construction, so there will be some pages that looked unfinished or incomplete. Still, please let us know if you come across a page that you feel needs our attention.
- For the latest updates on the new site, visit this Times Square post.
- If you prefer a stripped-down version of the site (just headlines), you can always use m.roanoke.com.
Thank you for contributing,
The Feedback Team