Our Best of Holiday Shopping guide is back!
Last year, we asked readers to vote for their favorite places to shop, eat and buy “only in Roanoke” souvenirs. This year, we’ve introduced some new categories, including the best local places to find vintage and antique gifts, the best spots to find a party dress and the places to shop for last-minute gifts.
A sampling of the other 2013 categories:
- Shopping local: “Only in Roanoke” souvenirs, Virginia Tech gear
- Bargain hunting: Black Friday sales, kids consignment
- Specialty shopping: day trip shopping destination
- Holiday decor: source for fresh Christmas trees, store decorated for the holidays
- Holiday pampering: salon for holiday up-dos and highlights
- Holiday entertaining: restaurant for holiday dinner, party spot for New Year’s Eve
You can vote daily in the poll from today through Friday, Oct. 11. Results will be published in a special Best of Holiday Shopping Guide on Sunday, Nov. 10. Read a quick FAQ.
Live by the lake? Vote in our 13th annual Best of Smith Mountain Lake poll. Voting runs today through
5 p.m. 11:59 p.m. Nov. 11. Winners will be published in the January/February 2014 issue of Laker Magazine and other Laker Media publications.